Adhérez ✎Bulletin d’adhésion Réseau ASTRA 2019
Our members, our objectives and activities
The ASTRA network is a charitable organisation which brings together all those who practise or support social and therapeutic agriculture in the Rhône-Alpes region.
› find out more : How we work
How we work
The ASTRA network is made up of the sum of its members. The organisation is managed by a board of directors, and the day to day work is undertaken by a project manager.
Board of Directors
- President: Gérald Assouline, Freelance photographer (firstname.lastname@example.org / 04 76 71 17 22)
- Vice-president: Alain Poncet, Director of Solid’Action
- Treasurer: Dominique Granjon, Director of ESAT Le Habert
- Secretary: Jean Paul Barithel, Director of the Ferme de Bellechambre
Other members of the Board
- Aline Morel, Coordinator of CIVAM Rhône-Alpes
- Emmanuelle Oddoz, Care farmer
- Fabienne Garderet, President Accueil Paysan Rhone-Alpes
- Fabrice Haillez, Farm manager, Ferme de Bellechambre
- Soazig Breysse, Care farmer
- Thomas Bertin, Director, Jardin de Cocagne Les Triandines
- Project coordinator : Michèle Aitchison (email@example.com / 06 73 35 30 49)
› find out more : Why, and how to, become a member
Why, and how to, become a member
By becoming a member of the ASTRA network you can…
- Help us to develop the ASTRA network, and promote social and therapeutic agriculture in Rhône-Alpes,
- Have the opportunity to share your views, needs and projects with us,
- Benefit from reduced participation fees at events and visits organised by ASTRA.
To become a member and support our work, please complete and send us the membership form.
- The development of social and therapeutic agriculture in the Rhône-Alpes region
- An increase in the capacity to host and care for disabled, disadvantaged or marginalised people in agricultural and rural areas
- The recognition of social and therapeutic agriculture in its specificity by the public authorities
Activities undertaken, and tools provided, by the ASTRA network
In order to achieve our objectives the network works to…
- Provide a resource, information and advice hub…by responding to enquiries, compiling useful information and making it accessible via our website;
- Raise awareness of social and therapeutic agriculture in Rhône-Alpes…by the continual development of a directory of initiatives, by the production and dissemination of films, publications and the ASTRA Information Pack;
- Promote the sharing of good practice… by organising regular events, and via exchanges at a European level;
- Allow those with an interest in social and therapeutic agriculture to stay informed of news and developments in our region…thanks to our newsletter and our website.
The history of the ASTRA network
From May 2006 until January 2009, the European action research project, So Far (Social Farming in Europe), was undertaken in seven European countries including France. Its mission was to identify the realities and contexts of social and therapeutic agriculture, to measure its proven and potential impacts and to propose guidelines, for the development of this activity on a regional, national and European level.
As a result of this project, the ASTRA network was created in 2009, so that these priorities could be brought to the fore in the Rhône-Alpes region. In April 2011 the ASTRA network was formalised when it became a recognised charity.