Adhérez ✎Bulletin d’adhésion 2023
Social and therapeutic agriculture and how it is practised in the Rhone-Alpes region
In Rhone-Alpes the ASTRA Network uses the following definition of social and therapeutic agriculture:
An agricultural activity, involving the production and enhancement of agricultural (and agriculture-related) products and services, that:
- provides care for disabled, disadvantaged or marginalised people
- is a tool for socio-professional inclusion, and therapeutic support
- contributes to the diversification of agricultural activity and the revitalisation of our rural areas
Information sheet: The benefits of social and therapeutic agriculture for disabled, disadvantaged or marginalised people (document in French)
A sector encompassing diverse practices
Within the Rhone-Alpes region, the social and therapeutic agriculture sector is very diverse. In short, each care farm has its particularities:
- The type of organisation: independent farms, charitable organisations, social institutions…;
- The client groups: people with disabilities, with mental health needs; socially disadvantaged or marginalised people; people suffering from addictions……
- The objectives of the care being offered to the service-users, and the role of the farmer: employment / work experience, socio-professional inclusion, temporary or long-term care, therapeutic support...
Social and therapeutic agriculture and its implementation in Rhone-Alpes
– To find out more about social and therapeutic agriculture in Rhône-Alpes, consult our directory and our films, or attend one of our events.
– To increase your understanding of social and therapeutic agriculture, the different types of care farms and their means of hosting/accompanying service-users, consult our publications and the ASTRA Information Pack.
– To find out more about social and therapeutic outside of the Rhône-Alpes region, consult our page about projects elsewhere in Europe.